Saturday, June 27, 2009

Precious Metal Clay Class

This morning I attended my first Precious Metal Clay class. We worked with PMC3 (3rd generation Precious Metal Clay). Each member of the class got 10grams of PMC3 to work with and I was able to make these 2 pendants and still had some PMC3 to bring home.

Precious Metal Clay looks and feels like modeling clay. You can mold and shape it into almost anything. After being fired in a kiln at 1290 degrees, the finished pieces are 99.9% pure silver. They can then be oxidized (like mine are) or left a shiny silver.



I also made this little fall leaf, but I haven't committed to a necklace style to attach him to...yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

The online website design guide.

Followers

 

Precious Metals | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates