Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Very Special Custom Order

On many occasions, I send my jewelry out into the world never to hear from it again. Last week I had an order for 4 jewelry tags hand stamped with the word "love" on one side and "always" on the other.

I knew they were going to be incorporated into 4 bracelets but that was it. Then my customer, Cara, shared the special story of the bracelets with me:

Cathy, of EDCCollective, is making the 4 bracelets that will include your charms. My beloved Aunt was diagnosed with ovarian cancer a month ago and after surgery last week, it was determined that it's stage 4 and terminal. My Mom has been having an incredibly tough time with this, and I wanted to find a way to show her that I am always there for her, so I decided to request some mother/daughter jewelry on Etsy. After sorting through a number of bids, I was inspired to expand the idea a bit, and now there will be 4 bracelets - one for my Mom, my Aunt, my cousin, and one for me - and each will have our four birthstones plus my grandmother's (who passed away 10 years ago) in crystal on a sterling silver chain. I really like the handstamped charms I've seen on Etsy, and wanted to incorporate a personal message that way.



Thank you to Cara and Cathy for letting me be a part of this special project. The finished bracelets are beautiful and will be treasured by your family!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great story!

Post a Comment

Visitors

The online website design guide.

Followers

 

Precious Metals | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates