Sunday, February 14, 2010

My New Corner of the World

My friend, Rachel, of SoHaus Interior Design posed an interesting question this week on her blog:

"Do you have a design dilemma?
Submit your questions to me and be featured on my blog!"

So I challenged her to turn my dining room into a studio for my jewelry design, but still be able to use it as a dining room when the occasion calls for it. She had some brilliant ideas - you can read the full article
here.


As my husband and I began discussing her suggestions it dawned on us:

why do we need a formal dining room anyway?!?!

In the 5 + years we've been living in this house, we've used our dining room maybe twice. Why are we hording all that space?!?! After taking some measurements and discussing the logistics, we decided to dismantle the dining room completely and use that space as husband's office (he works full time from home). Currently, his office is in a spare bedroom. Once that bedroom was cleared out, I could use it as my office/DESIGN STUDIO!! YIPEE!

Wanna See?

So here is the dining room before.
(See, even before we weren't using it as a dining room.)
And After
And now, his old office is mine!!


All the china has been put into storage (I know, my mother almost disowned me) and my china cabinet is now holding all my designs.




The whole move took only 1 afternoon, but in the process I was also organizing, cleaning out and throwing away as much as I could. Over the past year, I have collect quite a lot of jewelry supplies, beads, and findings. So as part of my clean out efforts I have opened a second Etsy shop


Where I will be selling my extra beads, vintage buttons, and misc jewelry supplies that I don't want or need! Cause one man's trash, is another man's treasure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

The online website design guide.

Followers

 

Precious Metals | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates